Monday, May 29, 2017

May 2017 #TV Talk And #Movie Mutterings

It's time to take a look at what I watched in May.

As with the previous posts like this one, just click on the titles to go to a page where you can find out more details about the movie or TV show in question; the title links will usually take you to a page on IMDB.

Don't forget: I watch things across multiple genres, as well as for different age ranges, so you should always check before viewing to make certain something is suitable for the intended audience, especially when children are involved. IMDB will usually provide this information for you, but you'll have to look elsewhere if you can't find it on the page I link to.

OK... On to the reviews!

Rogue One (2016 movie):
I really enjoy the Star Wars movies, so was excited to see this one. I wasn't disappointed. I mean, it wasn't a mind-blowingly-amazing movie or anything, but it was really good. Not my favourite of the Star Wars movies, but not my least favourite of them either. Kelly seemed to feel the same way, and I've had similar comments from some friends I know have seen it. Anyway, I give it four out of five stars.

Suicide Squad (2016 movie):
I'm not sure if I would have bothered to watch this one if Kelly hadn't got himself the DVD. I'm glad I watched it though, because it was a very good movie: action-packed, and often quite entertaining. It isn't a new favourite or anything, but I really enjoyed it, and think most people who enjoy superhero movies, or action movies in general, will enjoy this one. Kelly absolutely loved it, and would give it the full five stars, I think. Personally, however, I give this movie four out of five stars.

Captain America: Civil War (2016 movie):
I know I wouldn't have watched this one if Kelly didn't get the DVD. Plus, I thought as I started watching it about the fact I hadn't seen the other Captain America movies. Never mind. Anyway, it wasn't too bad of a movie, but it wasn't great either. I thought at first it was me... Maybe even at least partially because I hadn't seen the previous movies... But Kelly felt the same way. It felt like they just threw all the elements together that they needed in order to move the story from point A to point B, with no consideration for how well it was done. Others may disagree, but that was how we felt about it. Anyway, I give this movie three out of five stars.

It's Me Or The Dog (2005 TV series):
Despite how long this show has apparently been running, it's only recently I discovered it. Regardless, I find it to be an interesting series, and would recommend it to anyone who has a dog, or plans to get one in the future, since you'll get excellent training tips, which really do appear to work very well. I give this series five out of five stars.

I also watched more of the episodes of NCIS I'm trying to catch up on. Of course, Mollie and Maizie are glad I'm doing so, since they're huge NCIS fans, even though I'm told they shouldn't be. I read somewhere recently that chinchillas are meant to prefer quiet and soothing things. I don't have a link to the article, but it said something about how chinchillas needed the kind of thing you could put on for a toddler, and have a good chance the toddler in question would fall asleep to it. Yeah... I think someone forgot to tell Mollie and Maizie about that rule.

2 comments:

Rita said...

I've seen a couple of these. Dagan, Leah, and her bother Aaron like all the superhero movies and have been asking for me to rent them from Netflix. So I watch them, too, of course. :) On the whole, they're better than I expected.

Chinchillas who like NCSI...they are unique--LOL! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Glad you enjoyed the movies you've watched. Yeah, if you're going to be grabbing them for Dagan and Leah, you might as well watch them yourself too.

Unique is certainly one word to describe my chinchillas, LOL!