Wednesday, June 07, 2017

#Writing Wednesday - June 7th 2017



Writing progress has been slow. I could claim it's Lilie's doing, but it really isn't. Yes, she's full of energy and mischief - like puppies usually are - but as long as I play with her for a while first, she'll let me have some time to get things done afterwards (while she naps). I've been focussing on keeping up with other things though, which has eaten in to my writing time. Plus, sometimes while she naps I just don't feel like doing anything, and simply sit quietly for a while. Not very productive, I know. But sometimes I just need to sit quietly and do nothing. So that's what I do.

Anyway, I managed to sort out a couple of writing related links for you for this week, so here they are:

Writers: Do you write short stories? If so, are you struggling to make yours work? Then Take a look at these short story pitfalls, and see if one of those is your problem.

Regardless of the length of what you're writing though, make sure you aren't ignoring your best ideas, and write like you're seven years old again.

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

Sometimes life happens. It's OK. You're a dedicated enough writer that you'll write as soon as you can.

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
True... And thanks!

Rita said...

I don't know how you can get anything else done...at least for a while. She's just too cute and puppies keep you on your toes. ;)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
I get things done while she naps. Some days that happens a lot, other days not so much, but it all evens out in the end.

Intense Guy said...

I fully agree with Rita!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Like I said, I get things done while she naps. Well, apart from those times when I just don't feel like doing anything but sitting quietly for a while, and those times when I decide to join her for a nap...